Division Chief of Emergency Medical Services
Welcome to the Emergency Medical Services Division. FMBFD operates two 24 hour advanced life support (ALS) transport ambulances, and all of our fire apparatus are fully staffed with a Paramedic to ensure ALS care is provided by the closest responding unit to medical emergencies. FMBFD has been providing ambulance transport services since 1962, making our ambulance service the longest standing transport department in Lee County.
Our personnel receive monthly training, annual performance standards testing, daily quality assurance/improvement feedback, and a thorough/comprehensive credentialing process to ensure the level of expertise our community is entitled to.
The EMS Division, is committed to compassionately delivering excellent pre-hospital care, and to protect the safety and health of the residents and visitors of Ft. Myers Beach and Lee County. Our vision is to expand upon our role as a critical public safety agency that delivers exceptional pre-hospital emergency care, as well as; developing community initiatives to better the lives of those in our community. The department will remain at the forefront of EMS advancements, driving progress in clinical care, operations, research and training. FMBFD will continue to be viewed as a challenging, diverse and rewarding place to work as well as a model for other EMS agencies.
- We Promote Patient Advocacy : The health and well-being of the patient is always our first priority. We are professionals who treat every patient with respect and compassion.
- We Strive for Clinical Excellence: The members of FMBFD are highly skilled and specially trained to provide state of the art pre-hospital emergency medical services. We provide every patient with excellent clinical care.
- We Excel in Leadership and Innovation: As a leader in the field of pre-hospital emergency medicine, we pride ourselves on innovating and leveraging the latest advances in both medicine and technology, bringing cutting edge care to our community.
- FMBFD EMT’s and Paramedics: Our people are our greatest asset. The knowledge, experience, and compassionate nature of our employees make our service exceptional. Our workforce includes skilled professionals from different backgrounds and cultures, reflecting the diversity of the community we proudly serve.
- Continuum of Care: We strive to work effectively with our public safety and public health partners to solve problems, make decisions, and achieve common goals.
- Pride and Professionalism: We are proud of the work we do and the strength of our service. We are committed to one another and the patients we serve.